Your good dental health is important and something that should not be taken for granted. Your teeth serve many purposes that most of us never think about.
Today, the Dallas, TX Dentures Dentist shares the 5 Reasons You Need Healthy Teeth:
- Chew the Foods You Love - Healthy teeth are necessary for chewing, especially hard or crunchy foods. Our teeth give us the ability
to tear and break down all kinds of food, from celery sticks and crusty bread to turkey and all the trimmings.
- Convey Friendliness and Warmth - Our smiles convey to others how we feel towards them. A warm smile and hug to a close friend is sure
to brighten the day for both of you. Smiles tend to be contagious they just make you and others feel happy! If you don’t work with your dentist
to develop a preventive treatment plan, your teeth can deteriorate, and smiling becomes awkward and embarrassing.
- Communicate Clearly - Proper speech is directly related to tongue and tooth position. Without our teeth we would have a hard time
communicating correctly. Speaking with damaged or missing teeth is extremely challenging.
- Improve Your Appearance - Your teeth give your face a fullness and symmetry that you lose when teeth are missing. When a person is
missing teeth, facial support is gone, causing a sunken in appearance. Your teeth are important as support for your lips and cheeks and give your
face a full, rounded, youthful, look.
- Maintain Healthy Bones - The bones of the face are strong because they work to support our teeth. Once the teeth are gone, the bone
is resorbed and re-utilized by other parts of the body. The jaw will atrophy and shrink. As the bone atrophies, there is a greater risk of jaw
Give the Dallas, TX Dentures Dentist a call today and take the first step to improving the health of your teeth. Whatever
the current state of your oral health, we’re here to help!