Root canal therapy is generally no more complicated than most other dental procedures such as fillings or crowns. Unfortunately, though, the procedure has developed a reputation for being uncomfortable and complicated.
If a root canal is recommended by the Dallas, TX dentist, don’t let misinformation about the procedure keep you from seeking a root canal. We offer gentle treatment from a caring team, and if you need a little help with relaxing, we also offer calming sedation options as well.
Why Do I Need a Root Canal?
Root canal therapy is used to remove infection or extensive decay from the interior of the tooth. The space inside the tooth where the pulp and main nerve are found is called the root canal.
If you already have infection in the root of your tooth, delaying a root canal can allow the infection to spread to your jawbone or nearby teeth. If the tooth continues to decay, there will not be enough hard tissue left for a successful root canal and the tooth will probably need to be removed.
How Does the Procedure Work?
The root canal procedure includes removal of the infected, decayed or damaged pulp, as well as the nerve of the tooth. The dentist then sterilizes and fills the tooth with medication to speed healing. A crown is placed over the tooth for protection and stability.
How Do Root Canals Help My Oral Health?
Root canal therapy allows the structure of the tooth to remain intact, even though the nerve has been removed. Although the tooth no longer contains nerve tissue it is still usable for chewing. Also, because the tooth is left intact, it maintains its proper position, helping to preserve proper spacing between remaining teeth and keeping your bite alignment correct.
Please Call Our Office to Learn More
If you suspect you need a root canal or have a question you don’t see here, please contact our your Dallas, TX dentist for additional information or if you have any questions about root canals and how they can help save a damaged tooth.
- Our East Plano Dentist Helps You Support Oral Health Even When You’re Sick
- Looking for a Smile Makeover? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Explains How Veneers Can Help
- Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Millions Are at Risk for Oral Cancer – Are You One of Them? The Dallas Dentist Explains
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- A Step-by-Step Guide for Dental Exams and Cleanings Shared by the Dallas, TX Dentist
- Want to Fix a Crooked Smile? 3 Reasons You Should Consider Invisalign Clear Braces in Dallas, TX
- 3 Drinks to Avoid If You Want a Bright Smile! Shared by Dallas Teeth Whitening Dentist
- Dallas Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Avoid These 4 Foods to Keep Your Smile Healthy During the Holidays
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...