Many adults live with crooked or crowded teeth because they believe the only alternative is years of traditional orthodontic treatment with metal braces. However, today you don’t have to endure years of life with uncomfortable braces to get back the smile you were born to have.
Patients who want to straighten teeth will be pleased to know that the Dallas Invisalign dentist offers the option of using Invisalign clear aligners. Invisalign adult orthodontics is an effective, efficient alternative to traditional braces. Invisalign clear braces offer a more comfortable and virtually invisible method for gently straightening your teeth.
Reasons to Consider Invisalign
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are made of a soft, flexible material, so they’re much less likely to create any irritation to your mouth.
- Discreet: Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible. The casual observer will not notice any difference when you’re wearing your aligner.
- Removable: You can remove your aligners when you eat, brush your teeth, or any other time that it’s necessary.
The Invisalign Process
The Dallas Invisalign dentist starts by taking impressions, images, and x-rays of your mouth. A specialized software program allows us to develop your entire treatment plan and predict how your teeth will move, from start to finish.
We send the information to a lab where several sets of clear aligners are customized to straighten your smile. You will be instructed to wear each set for about two weeks, then move on to the next in the series that has been carefully crafted to shift your teeth gently to the next stage in the straightening process. You will make visits to your cosmetic dentist about every six weeks so we can check on your progress.
Problems Invisalign Corrects
Invisalign aligners correct nearly any alignment issue you may have with your teeth. Our Invisalign dentist will help you choose the appropriate Invisalign system to correct issues like the following:
- Crooked teeth
- Spaces/gaps in teeth
Orthodontic treatment with Invisalign is a perfect choice that fits your busy lifestyle while providing the straight, beautiful smile you’ve always dreamed of. Please contact our Dallas dental office for more information and to start your Invisalign treatment!
Are you an adult who’s considering minor orthodontics, you’re most likely focused on the esthetic result. That’s understandable! It can be exciting to think about smiling again with confidence!
An attractive smile is certainly an asset, but you may not have given a lot of thought to the long-term health effects of orthodontic treatment. It’s true that treatment can dramatically alter your appearance, but straighter teeth also result in a healthier smile.
Crooked Teeth and Your Oral Health
You already know that crooked teeth have a negative impact on the appearance of your smile. But patients looking for a Dallas, TX cosmetic dentist may not realize how a misaligned smile affects overall oral health. Here are a few examples of oral health problems related to crooked or crowded teeth.
- Difficulty Cleaning: If you don’t have clean teeth, you don’t have a healthy smile. Proper oral hygiene is essential if you want to enjoy a
lifetimefree of dental problems. Crooked or crowded teeth make it difficult to practice good oral hygiene because you may not be able to floss between them. This puts you at risk for decay and periodontal disease.
- Involved Orthodontic Problems: When one or more teeth are crooked or crowded, surrounding teeth start to shift as well. Your teeth are constantly moving,
and as the root of a crooked tooth tilts to one side or the other, adjacent teeth follow. Putting off treatment may result in more involved orthodontic
problems down the road.
- Dental Bite: If you have untreated orthodontic issues, you can end up with a misaligned dental bite. This means that teeth on one side of your mouth
bite down harder on one side than the other. This can lead to a variety of problems including excess wear on teeth, jaw pain, and even TMJ.
Call the Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Today
Why risk your good oral health with a crooked smile? With all the great adult orthodontics available today, there’s no reason to live with a smile you don’t love. Please call our office and we’ll be happy to talk to you about treatment with invisible braces.
- A Step-by-Step Guide for Dental Exams and Cleanings Shared by the Dallas, TX Dentist
- Want to Fix a Crooked Smile? 3 Reasons You Should Consider Invisalign Clear Braces in Dallas, TX
- 3 Drinks to Avoid If You Want a Bright Smile! Shared by Dallas Teeth Whitening Dentist
- Dallas Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Avoid These 4 Foods to Keep Your Smile Healthy During the Holidays
- Dallas, TX Dentist Explains Risk Factors for Oral Cancer
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- The Dallas, TX Dentist Explains 3 Things You Need to Know about Calcium and Your Oral Health
- The Dallas, TX Teeth Whitening Dentist Tells You What to Expect from Professional Treatment
- Can Dental Implants Improve Your Quality of Life? The Research Says Yes, and the Dallas, TX Dentist Explains
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...