Are you an adult who’s considering minor orthodontics, you’re most likely focused on the esthetic result. That’s understandable! It can be exciting to think about smiling again with confidence!
An attractive smile is certainly an asset, but you may not have given a lot of thought to the long-term health effects of orthodontic treatment. It’s true that treatment can dramatically alter your appearance, but straighter teeth also result in a healthier smile.
Crooked Teeth and Your Oral Health
You already know that crooked teeth have a negative impact on the appearance of your smile. But patients looking for a Dallas, TX cosmetic dentist may not realize how a misaligned smile affects overall oral health. Here are a few examples of oral health problems related to crooked or crowded teeth.
- Difficulty cleaning: If you don’t have clean teeth, you don’t have a healthy smile. Proper oral hygiene is essential if you want to enjoy a life free of dental problems. Crooked or crowded teeth make it difficult to practice good oral hygiene because you may not be able to floss between them. This puts you at risk for decay and periodontal disease.
- Involved orthodontic problems: When one or more teeth are crooked or crowded, surrounding teeth start to shift as well. Your teeth are constantly moving, and as the root of a crooked tooth tilts to one side or the other, adjacent teeth follow. Putting off treatment may result in more involved orthodontic problems down the road.
- Dental bite issues: If you have untreated orthodontic issues, you can end up with a misaligned dental bite. This means that teeth on one side of your mouth bite down harder on one side than the other. This can lead to a variety of problems including excess wear on teeth, jaw pain, and even TMJ.
Call the Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Today
Why risk your good oral health with a crooked smile? With all the great adult orthodontics available today, there’s no reason to live with a smile you don’t love. Please call our office and we’ll be happy to talk to you about treatment with invisible braces.
If you think of crowns and fillings as strictly restorative procedures, you’re not alone. Years ago, dentistry existed primarily to eliminate discomfort and restore function to a damaged smile. Treatments like crowns and fillings are still used to strengthen and protect teeth, but that doesn’t mean they can’t enhance your smile too!
A New Age of Dentistry
Every treatment performed by the Dallas, TX cosmetic dentist is done with an eye toward esthetics. Advances in materials and techniques now allow us to ensure that every restoration we place is not only functional but beautiful as well.
Procedures that were never before thought of as cosmetic in nature can now be used to correct a variety of dental flaws and improve your oral health. Crowns and fillings are two great examples of services we provide that do both.
Function And Beauty
Of course, the most important part goal of the services we provide is to restore function and protect a damaged tooth.
Tooth-Colored Fillings: We use an esthetic composite material to create a filling after decay is removed. This material was developed to closely resemble natural tooth enamel. Our Dallas, TX cosmetic dentist places fillings that blend so seamlessly with your tooth that even you may not even notice it. This quality also makes the material perfect for dental bonding. This is a procedure where we build up a tooth to fix chips and breaks, and even reshape a tooth.
Dental Crowns: When a tooth is severely decayed, a simple filling won’t be sufficient to restore the tooth back to health. Our dentist will need to create a stronger restoration, and that’s where crowns come in. They encase your tooth and protect it from further damage. We use all-porcelain crowns that can be created to look just like a natural tooth. Again, this quality makes crowns perfect for esthetic improvements like concealing a severely stained tooth or reshaping a tooth that is poorly proportioned.
Please Call Our Office to Learn More
When it comes to improving your smile, you have lots of options! Please give us a call to arrange a convenient consultation and learn more about all the ways we can help you achieve your dream smile!
It won’t be long before we are all busy planning for the holidays – weddings, parties, and family gatherings are on the schedule, but you are worried that your smile doesn't look as attractive as it should.
We have great news! There’s still plenty of time left to consider some cosmetic dental options to spruce up your smile and get you ready for summer fun.
There have been so many advances in modern dental materials and techniques that there’s virtually no limit to the types of smile transformations we can create. The Dallas cosmetic dentist would like to share a few esthetic treatments we offer that will leave you with a healthier, more beautiful smile than when we started.
When we talk about a smile makeover, we are referring to a combination of different cosmetic treatments. When combined, these treatments will give dramatically improve your appearance and give your confidence a boost.
Am I A Candidate for A Smile Makeover?
You are a good candidate for a smile makeover if you are dealing with multiple esthetic dental problems. The main criteria that you should be in otherwise good dental health since smile makeovers tend to be esthetic in nature.
Here are a few of the most popular treatments we offer and how our cosmetic dentist can use them to enhance your smile.
Professional Teeth Whitening –If you want to have a bright, white, and beautiful smile, an ideal option is teeth whitening. Professional dental bleaching treatment can brighten even the most stained smile by up to seven shades in a single visit.
Dental Bonding – For minor chips, cracks, and stains, dental bonding is an option to consider. With dental bonding, a special tooth-colored resin is applied directly to the tooth, masking flaws in appearance and enhancing the overall appearance of the smile.
Porcelain Veneers – One of the most versatile treatment options for smile makeovers is porcelain veneers. These thin shells of dental ceramic are ideal for many cosmetic dentistry patients. The Dallas cosmetic dentist can use veneers to seamlessly mask teeth that are chipped, cracked, stained, or crooked.
Schedule a Consultation for a Smile Makeover
Ready to get started on your perfect smile? Please call our office, and we’ll be happy to arrange a cosmetic dental consultation to discuss your treatment.
- Our East Plano Dentist Helps You Support Oral Health Even When You’re Sick
- Looking for a Smile Makeover? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Explains How Veneers Can Help
- Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Millions Are at Risk for Oral Cancer – Are You One of Them? The Dallas Dentist Explains
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- A Step-by-Step Guide for Dental Exams and Cleanings Shared by the Dallas, TX Dentist
- Want to Fix a Crooked Smile? 3 Reasons You Should Consider Invisalign Clear Braces in Dallas, TX
- 3 Drinks to Avoid If You Want a Bright Smile! Shared by Dallas Teeth Whitening Dentist
- Dallas Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Avoid These 4 Foods to Keep Your Smile Healthy During the Holidays
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...