Many adults live with crooked or crowded teeth because they believe the only alternative is years of traditional orthodontic treatment with metal braces. However, today you don’t have to endure years of life with uncomfortable braces to get back the smile you were born to have.
Patients who want to straighten teeth will be pleased to know that the Dallas Invisalign dentist offers the option of using Invisalign clear aligners. Invisalign adult orthodontics is an effective, efficient alternative to traditional braces. Invisalign clear braces offer a more comfortable and virtually invisible method for gently straightening your teeth.
Reasons to Consider Invisalign
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are made of a soft, flexible material, so they’re much less likely to create any irritation to your mouth.
- Discreet: Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible. The casual observer will not notice any difference when you’re wearing your aligner.
- Removable: You can remove your aligners when you eat, brush your teeth, or any other time that it’s necessary.
The Invisalign Process
The Dallas Invisalign dentist starts by taking impressions, images, and x-rays of your mouth. A specialized software program allows us to develop your entire treatment plan and predict how your teeth will move, from start to finish.
We send the information to a lab where several sets of clear aligners are customized to straighten your smile. You will be instructed to wear each set for about two weeks, then move on to the next in the series that has been carefully crafted to shift your teeth gently to the next stage in the straightening process. You will make visits to your cosmetic dentist about every six weeks so we can check on your progress.
Problems Invisalign Corrects
Invisalign aligners correct nearly any alignment issue you may have with your teeth. Our Invisalign dentist will help you choose the appropriate Invisalign system to correct issues like the following:
- Crooked teeth
- Spaces/gaps in teeth
Orthodontic treatment with Invisalign is a perfect choice that fits your busy lifestyle while providing the straight, beautiful smile you’ve always dreamed of. Please contact our Dallas dental office for more information and to start your Invisalign treatment!
A healthy smile is worth striving for, but the way you feel about your appearance plays a big part in your ability to interact comfortably with others. If you are self-conscious about stained or discolored teeth, it’s likely that you want to conceal your smile. An unfortunate result is that others may see you as unfriendly or unapproachable.
As more focus is placed on a bright smile, Dallas teeth whitening dentist Dr. Tony Lin sees an increasing number of patients who opt for professional teeth whitening treatment. There are many professional whitening products available today that can turn back the clock on a dull, stained smile.
Drinks to Avoid for a Whiter Smile
But if you want to do everything you can to protect your bright smile, here is a list of three drinks you should avoid:
- Black Tea: You probably thought black coffee was the worst staining culprit, but black tea stains your teeth even worse. The high level of tannins contained in black tea adhere to teeth because they’re attracted to the protein in enamel. Instead, choose beverages with fewer tannins, like green or white tea.
- Energy Drinks: Surely a drink that boosts energy must be good for you, right? Actually, they’re one of the worst because they not only high amounts of sugar, but they are also high in acid. It’s probably best to avoid energy drinks altogether, but if you do consume them, rinse with water or try sipping through a straw to minimize the time the drink lingers on your teeth.
- White Wine: You probably know that red wine stains teeth, but white wine? Like black tea, white wine contains tannins, but it also has more acid. Acid breaks down dental enamel, so your teeth more likely to absorb stains from other foods. If you want to indulge, keep a glass of water close by to rinse in between glasses of wine.
Please Call to Learn More
This is just a brief list of the foods that are damaging to your teeth, so you really need to understand what you are consuming and how it affects your oral health. The Dallas, TX teeth whitening dentist will be happy to suggest ways to minimize damage to your teeth and recommend a professional whitening treatment if appropriate.
Has your smile lost the shine it once had? Have you tried those over the counter tooth whitening products and seen disappointing results, if any at all? If you are tired of stained or yellow teeth, our Dallas cosmetic dentist office is where this can all change.
There are many over the counter tooth whitening systems on the market today, but none are as effective or provide the same level of whitening as the professional products. Tooth whitening is the simplest and least expensive way to enhance your smile and restore a youthful appearance.
Teeth can naturally be less than white or may be stained and discolored due to:
- Certain medications (such as antibiotics).
Most common reasons for discoloration are due to:
- Tobacco use
- Soft drinks
Zoom! Power Whitening System
Tooth whitening is one of the safest dental procedures available. The Zoom! s
Contact your Dallas cosmetic dentist for a complimentary consultation to evaluate your whitening goals and needs. We take the time to ensure that you will leave with the beautiful vibrant smile you are looking for.
- Our East Plano Dentist Helps You Support Oral Health Even When You’re Sick
- Looking for a Smile Makeover? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Explains How Veneers Can Help
- Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Millions Are at Risk for Oral Cancer – Are You One of Them? The Dallas Dentist Explains
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- A Step-by-Step Guide for Dental Exams and Cleanings Shared by the Dallas, TX Dentist
- Want to Fix a Crooked Smile? 3 Reasons You Should Consider Invisalign Clear Braces in Dallas, TX
- 3 Drinks to Avoid If You Want a Bright Smile! Shared by Dallas Teeth Whitening Dentist
- Dallas Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Avoid These 4 Foods to Keep Your Smile Healthy During the Holidays
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...