Dental implants are a relatively new, but important, method for replacing missing teeth. Mini dental implants offered by the Dallas, TX Dentist are are not as well known, but just as useful. Mini dental implants can often be used where a regular dental implant would not work.
What do dental implants do?
Dental implants are used to replace missing teeth. A very small titanium screw is placed in the jaw bone. This screw integrates with bone and tissue of the jaw, which means it actually becomes a replacement root for the missing tooth. The dental implant is then finished with a crown or other dental appliance to create a beautifully restored tooth.
How are mini dental implants different?
A mini dental implant is a smaller version of the dental implant. The design of the mini dental implant is the same as that of the regular dental implant. But because of their size, MDIs are easier to implant surgically into the bone. Because of the size of the mini implant, there is less trauma to the bone and tissue, and most mini dental implants can be placed in one appointment.
Are mini dental implants right for me?
The professional team at the Dallas, TX Dentist Office will decide if using a mini dental implant best fits your needs. Following are a few benefits of choosing an mini dental implants:
- One Appointment Convenience - Mini dental implants are smaller so they are less traumatic to the jawbone when implanted. Healing time is dramatically reduced, and you don’t have to wait for months for the surgical site to heal. The entire procedure, including the final restoration, can be done in one appointment.
- Protect Healthy Teeth - Losing a tooth had a negative effect on overall oral health, causing deterioration of your jawbone. Mini dental implants are placed directly into the jawbone, preventing bone loss. Because they maintain the structure of a natural tooth, mini dental implants support surrounding teeth.
- Versatility - With the development of the mini dental implant it is now possible to treat replace missing teeth in cases that were previously impossible such as small teeth and incisors. MDIs are also effective in anchoring dentures. If you’ve been told your jawbone lacks sufficient density to support a traditional implant, mini dental implants may be a viable alternative.
- Cost - Mini dental implants are less expensive to place than conventional dental implants, making them a great option for a wide variety of patients.
If you’re interested in getting more information about mini dental implants, please contact our office. We will be happy to arrange a consultation with our dentist to discuss your case in detail to determine if this is the best choice for you.
Dental bonding is a cosmetic and restorative dental procedure that effectively solves a number of aesthetic dental concerns. It is a fast and effective treatment provided by the Dallas Cosmetic Dentist that provides excellent results.
What is dental bonding?
Dental bonding is a process that allows us to correct certain cosmetic problems using a dental resin composite material. This resin can be shaded to perfectly match the color of your natural teeth and enhance the beauty of your smile. Once the composite is applied by the dentist, it can be shaped to blend seamlessly with your natural tooth for a flawless appearance.
When is dental bonding used?
Dental bonding material is applied to dental enamel so it is an excellent choice for perfecting the appearance of stained or damaged teeth. Here are some common cosmetic dental problems that can easily be corrected with the help of dental bonding.
- Teeth that are dark, stained, or otherwise discolored - especially teeth that are resistant to traditional teeth whitening procedures
- Dental enamel that is cracked, chipped or otherwise damaged
- Misshapen teeth that have irregular or rough edges
- Misaligned or crooked teeth – using dental bonding, the dentist can build up parts of your teeth to give your smile a more uniform appearance.
What are the benefits of dental bonding?
Dental bonding is an excellent choice because it is an affordable solution to a number of problems. Dental bonding is also very convenient since it can virtually alter the appearance of your smile quickly and easily in just a single dental appointment.
If you are living with a less than perfect smile and have been thinking about the options you might have, dental bonding may be right for you. Contact the Dallas Cosmetic Dentist office for more information about cosmetic dentistry options. We can help you get the smile of your dreams quickly, comfortably, and affordably.
Replacing missing teeth is important to maintain your oral health and self-confidence. The Dallas Mini Dental Implants Dentist understands the feelings of embarrassment that most people in this situation experience when speaking or smiling.
Even more important is that losing a tooth can create other serious dental problems. Your teeth are always moving whether you realize it or not. So replacing a missing tooth as soon as possible is important because it prevents the rest of your teeth from shifting into the empty space.
Mini Dental Implants Replace Missing Teeth
But there are options for regaining a beautiful and healthy smile after losing a tooth. Dental implants and mini dental implants are fairly new treatments that actually take the place of the structure of your natural teeth. Both dental implants and mini dental implants use titanium roots surgically implanted into the jawbone.
This titanium root acts as a replacement structure for your natural root. Once the replacement has healed sufficiently, the titanium roots are covered with a dental restoration that blends in with your natural teeth. A mini dental implant is just a smaller version of a conventional dental implant. The main difference is that the titanium root of the mini is much smaller than that of a traditional dental implant.
The advantage is that the process for implanting the mini dental implant surgically creates much less trauma for the jawbone. Another great benefit for you is that recovery time proceeds much more quickly than for a traditional implant. Mini dental implants are perfect for replacing teeth in small spaces in the mouth. They are also very useful for anchoring dentures or bridges spanning several teeth.
Call Us with Your Questions
Your Dallas Mini Dental Implants Dentist is most qualified to make the choice, but you may need a mini dental implant if you do not have sufficient bone density to place a regular dental implant root. Contact our office and we will be happy to schedule a consultation to determine the best course of treatment for your particular case. We will work with you to make sure that your oral health is preserved and your expectations are met for a beautiful result.
- Looking for a Smile Makeover? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Explains How Veneers Can Help
- Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Millions Are at Risk for Oral Cancer – Are You One of Them? The Dallas Dentist Explains
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- A Step-by-Step Guide for Dental Exams and Cleanings Shared by the Dallas, TX Dentist
- Want to Fix a Crooked Smile? 3 Reasons You Should Consider Invisalign Clear Braces in Dallas, TX
- 3 Drinks to Avoid If You Want a Bright Smile! Shared by Dallas Teeth Whitening Dentist
- Dallas Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Avoid These 4 Foods to Keep Your Smile Healthy During the Holidays
- Dallas, TX Dentist Explains Risk Factors for Oral Cancer
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...