Dental implants are a relatively new, but important, method for replacing missing teeth. Mini dental implants offered by the Dallas, TX Dentist are are not as well known, but just as useful. Mini dental implants can often be used where a regular dental implant would not work.
What do dental implants do?
Dental implants are used to replace missing teeth. A very small titanium screw is placed in the jaw bone. This screw integrates with bone and tissue of the jaw, which means it actually becomes a replacement root for the missing tooth. The dental implant is then finished with a crown or other dental appliance to create a beautifully restored tooth.
How are mini dental implants different?
A mini dental implant is a smaller version of the dental implant. The design of the mini dental implant is the same as that of the regular dental implant. But because of their size, MDIs are easier to implant surgically into the bone. Because of the size of the mini implant, there is less trauma to the bone and tissue, and most mini dental implants can be placed in one appointment.
Are mini dental implants right for me?
The professional team at the Dallas, TX Dentist Office will decide if using a mini dental implant best fits your needs. Following are a few benefits of choosing an mini dental implants:
- One Appointment Convenience - Mini dental implants are smaller so they are less traumatic to the jawbone when implanted. Healing time is dramatically reduced, and you don’t have to wait for months for the surgical site to heal. The entire procedure, including the final restoration, can be done in one appointment.
- Protect Healthy Teeth - Losing a tooth had a negative effect on overall oral health, causing deterioration of your jawbone. Mini dental implants are placed directly into the jawbone, preventing bone loss. Because they maintain the structure of a natural tooth, mini dental implants support surrounding teeth.
- Versatility - With the development of the mini dental implant it is now possible to treat replace missing teeth in cases that were previously impossible such as small teeth and incisors. MDIs are also effective in anchoring dentures. If you’ve been told your jawbone lacks sufficient density to support a traditional implant, mini dental implants may be a viable alternative.
- Cost - Mini dental implants are less expensive to place than conventional dental implants, making them a great option for a wide variety of patients.
If you’re interested in getting more information about mini dental implants, please contact our office. We will be happy to arrange a consultation with our dentist to discuss your case in detail to determine if this is the best choice for you.
Dental bonding is a cosmetic and restorative dental procedure that effectively solves a number of aesthetic dental concerns. It is a fast and effective treatment provided by the Dallas Cosmetic Dentist that provides excellent results.
What is dental bonding?
Dental bonding is a process that allows us to correct certain cosmetic problems using a dental resin composite material. This resin can be shaded to perfectly match the color of your natural teeth and enhance the beauty of your smile. Once the composite is applied by the dentist, it can be shaped to blend seamlessly with your natural tooth for a flawless appearance.
When is dental bonding used?
Dental bonding material is applied to dental enamel so it is an excellent choice for perfecting the appearance of stained or damaged teeth. Here are some common cosmetic dental problems that can easily be corrected with the help of dental bonding.
- Teeth that are dark, stained, or otherwise discolored - especially teeth that are resistant to traditional teeth whitening procedures
- Dental enamel that is cracked, chipped or otherwise damaged
- Misshapen teeth that have irregular or rough edges
- Misaligned or crooked teeth – using dental bonding, the dentist can build up parts of your teeth to give your smile a more uniform appearance.
What are the benefits of dental bonding?
Dental bonding is an excellent choice because it is an affordable solution to a number of problems. Dental bonding is also very convenient since it can virtually alter the appearance of your smile quickly and easily in just a single dental appointment.
If you are living with a less than perfect smile and have been thinking about the options you might have, dental bonding may be right for you. Contact the Dallas Cosmetic Dentist office for more information about cosmetic dentistry options. We can help you get the smile of your dreams quickly, comfortably, and affordably.
Teeth that are misaligned and crooked are not only unattractive, but can also be a threat to oral health. Fastbraces adult orthodontics are a revolutionary new treatment system with many benefits.
Fastbraces are an orthodontic treatment that requires shorter treatment times than traditional braces. The Dallas Fastbraces Dentist offers this innovative treatment approach to correcting misaligned teeth quickly and affordably.
How do Fastbraces work?
Roots of teeth that are out of proper alignment tilt to one side or the other, instead of straight up and down. Conventional braces correct misalignment by first correcting the alignment of the root and then repositioning the crown. Fastbraces, on the other hand, moves root and crown together, significantly reducing treatment time.
Fastbraces work by using a patented triangular braces design that can straighten teeth in a year or less. The benefit of this unique design is that it creates more space between the brackets for greater flexibility and straightening of the root and crown together.
Advantages of Fastbraces Treatment
Correcting tooth alignment with conventional braces can as long as two years because shifting the position of the root and crown are done separately. The Dallas Fastbraces Dentist uses this unique system because it is more efficient, repositioning the root and the crown of the teeth at the same time. The result is much shorter treatment times.
Traditional braces usually require visits to the dentist at about three to four week intervals for tightening and adjustment of brackets. With Fastbraces treatment you schedule appointments at about six week intervals.
Safe and Effective
Not everyone is familiar with Fastbraces, but they are not new. They have been used safely and successfully for 20 years. Patients who have used Fastbraces treatment report that they experience minimal sensitivity and discomfort because of the unique design of the brackets used. This history, combined with extensive research, backs up the effectiveness of the treatment.
The Fastbraces system uses the highest quality brackets available to ensure the safety and effectiveness of treatment. However, the treatment requires less time to complete so it costs about a third less than treatment using traditional braces.
Contact our office to learn more about this convenient, effective, and affordable treatment. We will be happy to schedule a free consultation with our dentist to determine if Fastbraces are the right orthodontic treatment for you. You don’t need to settle for a smile that has you less than thrilled.
- Want to Fix a Crooked Smile? 3 Reasons You Should Consider Invisalign Clear Braces in Dallas, TX
- 3 Drinks to Avoid If You Want a Bright Smile! Shared by Dallas Teeth Whitening Dentist
- Dallas Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Avoid These 4 Foods to Keep Your Smile Healthy During the Holidays
- Dallas, TX Dentist Explains Risk Factors for Oral Cancer
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- The Dallas, TX Dentist Explains 3 Things You Need to Know about Calcium and Your Oral Health
- The Dallas, TX Teeth Whitening Dentist Tells You What to Expect from Professional Treatment
- Can Dental Implants Improve Your Quality of Life? The Research Says Yes, and the Dallas, TX Dentist Explains
- The Dallas, TX Dentist Shares 4 Tips for Banishing Bad Breath for Good!
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...