After professional teeth whitening treatment, patients leave our office feeling proud of their sparkling smile and amazed at the immediate difference it
makes to their appearance.
But occasionally a patient’s expectations may not match the results achieved. There can be several reasons for this. Quite often the results of professional teeth whitening with the Dallas, TX teeth whitening dentist are not fully apparent until several days after the procedure.
Everyone also has different expectations, and this can make a big difference in how satisfied they are. No matter what you expect from treatment, it’s important to remember that every patient starts with a different set of issues based on heredity and their dental history. Here are some basics to keep in mind before undergoing professional teeth whitening by your dentist.
Choosing the Right White
A handheld shade guide is used to measure the level of whitening that you can expect. If you have a specific outcome in mind, ask to see a shade guide so that the Dallas, TX teeth whitening dentist understands your expectations and can discuss any potential issues with obtaining the shade you desire.
Types of Stains on Teeth
Staining of teeth is intrinsic, extrinsic, or both. Intrinsic staining is usually a result of trauma, aging, too much tetracycline (a common antibiotic), or excessive use of fluoride. These stains are harder to eliminate and may require an in-office treatment followed by at home whitening.
Extrinsic stains result from certain foods, beverages, and normal wear. In the case of extrinsic stains, bleaching is usually very effective.
How Much Whitening is Too Much?
Some people believe that tooth whitening will cause their teeth to become too white. They are worried that the result will be unnatural. In reality, patients can usually expect a difference of two to seven shades with in-office whitening. Bleaching can produce wonderful results, but it can only reveal the natural whiteness of your tooth enamel.
Please Call for An Appointment
If you would like to learn more about reviving your smile with professional teeth whitening please call our office for an appointment. We will be happy to take the time to sit down with you to explain exactly what you can expect.
- A Step-by-Step Guide for Dental Exams and Cleanings Shared by the Dallas, TX Dentist
- Want to Fix a Crooked Smile? 3 Reasons You Should Consider Invisalign Clear Braces in Dallas, TX
- 3 Drinks to Avoid If You Want a Bright Smile! Shared by Dallas Teeth Whitening Dentist
- Dallas Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Avoid These 4 Foods to Keep Your Smile Healthy During the Holidays
- Dallas, TX Dentist Explains Risk Factors for Oral Cancer
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- The Dallas, TX Dentist Explains 3 Things You Need to Know about Calcium and Your Oral Health
- The Dallas, TX Teeth Whitening Dentist Tells You What to Expect from Professional Treatment
- Can Dental Implants Improve Your Quality of Life? The Research Says Yes, and the Dallas, TX Dentist Explains
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...