If you are feeling under the weather, you whole schedule can be thrown out of whack. Unfortunately, this can lead patients to neglect their oral hygiene routines, and compound the effects of their respective illnesses.
Just as your whole-body wellness suffers, when you are sick, your oral health can be equally affected. When you are sick:
- Your immune system is depleted
- You feel too tired to keep up with your regular routine
- You’re dealing with bacterial build-up in your mouth
Ditch your old oral hygiene tools
Now is the perfect time to replace older, grimy toothbrushes and waterpiks with fresh ones. Remember, old oral hygiene tools can actually harbor dental debris and bacteria, and they can actually keep you sicker longer.
Drink plenty of water
When you’re sick, it is more important than ever to stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water boosts your overall immune system, and it prompts saliva production. Saliva is your body’s natural tool for neutralizing bacteria and re-mineralizing enamel. Try keeping a water bottle handy throughout the day, and definitely on your nightstand so you can combat dry mouth throughout the night.
Avoid sugary products
Remember that oral bacteria love to feed on sugars and refined carbohydrates. When you are shopping for cough drops or mouth rinses, look for ones that use Xylitol, rather than sugar. If you have an abundance of bacteria in your mouth, you’ll notice that it’s hard to maintain fresh breath, and your mouth feels grimy.
Even the simplest oral hygiene efforts can make a huge difference in how you feel when you’re battling a cold or the flu. As always, our East Plano dentists are happy to give you any additional information or support you may need to safeguard your smile. Give us a call to get started, and to schedule a personal consultation.
Have you ever wished that you could have a flawless smile – one that lights up a room as soon as you enter? This is an attainable goal that your Dallas, TX cosmetic dentist can easily achieve with porcelain veneers.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers are very thin shells of dental porcelain that are bonded to the front surface of your teeth. Porcelain is an excellent material for veneers because it looks so much like natural dental enamel. Veneers are custom-made to match the shade of your surrounding teeth, and the finished result is a flawless, natural-looking smile.
One of the significant benefits of porcelain veneers is that your cosmetic dentist can use them to correct a wide variety of smile flaws:
- Mask cracked, chipped, or broken teeth
- Disguise the appearance of crooked teeth
- Cover spaces lefts by gaps between teeth
- Alter the appearance of severely stained or discolored teeth
- Lengthen the appearance of teeth
Do Porcelain Veneers Look Natural?
Porcelain veneers are not only versatile, but they blend in perfectly with your natural teeth. The translucent quality of porcelain makes them an excellent choice for a cosmetic dental treatment that is flawless and looks just like your natural teeth – only better! In fact, chances are that no one will notice you’ve had any work done!
Contact our Office Today for More Information
Are you tired of living with a smile that is less than perfect? If you’re ready to take the step to finally enjoy the smile of your dreams, please contact our Dallas, TX cosmetic dentist today. We would love to meet you and work with you to see if porcelain veneers are the right choice for your lifestyle and budget.
Has your smile lost the brilliance it once had? Have you tried over-the-counter tooth whitening products and seen disappointing results, if any at all? If you are tired of stained or yellow teeth, our Dallas, TX teeth whitening dentist office is where this can all change.
There are many over the counter tooth whitening systems on the market today, but none are as effective or provide the same level of whitening as the professional products. Tooth whitening is the simplest and least expensive way to enhance your smile and restore a youthful appearance.
Why Your Teeth Are Stained or Discolored
Teeth can naturally be less than white or may be stained and discolored due to:
- Certain medications (such as antibiotics)
Most common reasons for discoloration are due to:
- Tobacco use
- Soft drinks
How Zoom! Teeth Whitening Helps
Tooth whitening is one of the safest dental procedures available. The Zoom! whitening system is a state of the art, in-office procedure. It is a safe, easy, and effective bleaching process that lightens the discoloration of your enamel and dentin.
We offer this system as well as other professional home whitening products. We perform the whitening procedure while you sit back in our comfortable chair, and relax while you listen to your favorite music.
Contact your Dallas, TX teeth whitening dentist for a complimentary consultation to evaluate your whitening goals and needs. We take the time to ensure that you will leave with the beautiful vibrant smile you are looking for.
- Our East Plano Dentist Helps You Support Oral Health Even When You’re Sick
- Looking for a Smile Makeover? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Explains How Veneers Can Help
- Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Millions Are at Risk for Oral Cancer – Are You One of Them? The Dallas Dentist Explains
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- A Step-by-Step Guide for Dental Exams and Cleanings Shared by the Dallas, TX Dentist
- Want to Fix a Crooked Smile? 3 Reasons You Should Consider Invisalign Clear Braces in Dallas, TX
- 3 Drinks to Avoid If You Want a Bright Smile! Shared by Dallas Teeth Whitening Dentist
- Dallas Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Avoid These 4 Foods to Keep Your Smile Healthy During the Holidays
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...